Well, my trip will kick off with a flight to Reykjavik, Iceland. As you may know, Iceland is green and Greenland is ice, this is because there is crazy amounts of volcanic/geothermal activity in Iceland that warms up the climate and makes for some awesome natural tourism.
For example, there are geothermal hot springs/pools all over the place:

There are also lava fields where nature is starting to rebuild on now solid lava from recent volcanic eruptions:

...and of course, it's still in the arctic, so there are frozen lakes and glaciers galore:

I'll be in Reykjavik for about 2 full days, the first day I'll probably hang out with Jarrad in the city and see the sights, etc. The second day I'll be on my own and I think I'm going to do a trip to explore some of the natural awesomeness. I'm thinking of splurging on one called "a walk through ice and fire" which involves going to hot springs and then hiking a glacier, but I may opt for a more intense glacier only hike that requires ice axes...
Assuming I make it out of Iceland in one piece, don't freeze on a glacier or boil myself in a hot spring - I will be arriving in Paris on Friday afternoon. I'll spend one night at my aunt's before catching a train down to Besançon. So, then I'm packing my bags on the assumption that on Saturday, I will unpack them for real for the first time since about June or so when I left Saclepea. I've been living a nomadic life since then (I believe there's a post about that sometime in June), and it's going to be nice to have a bedroom again, and possibly a closet to put my clothes in (currently using two shopping bags as a dresser). It's crazy to think that I'm leaving NYC and starting my new job so soon - time has flown by and I've really enjoyed myself here in NY. Especially being able to spend so much time with my sister, I feel like this is the first time in our lives that we've really gotten along as friends and being roommates the last month was great.
Alright, my next post might be from the airport, but odds are it'll be post-hot spring swimming and glacier hiking and will include pictures I took myself of Iceland. Pretty soon I'll try to get pictures up of my town in France too. Until then....
No comments:
Post a Comment